- Base Depth - 0-10 inches
Km Open - 5
- Remarks - Whiteface Inn Lane to the top of the pass still skiable, but that's about it for the Jackrabbit Trail this season.
- BACKCOUNTRY CONDITIONS:
Snow Depth at Lake Colden: 22"
Snow Depth at 4,000 feet: 4 feet
Surface Conditions: spring surfaces
Remarks: Little melting this past week, so still good cover and definitely still winter conditions once one is past Marcy Dam. Hiking trail from ADK Loj now definitely not skiable, but truck trail remains mostly skiable with just a few bare spots on the south-facing hills. Calamity Brook approach remains skiable, but no recent reports on whether there is still a good crossing of the Opalescent River in Flowed Lands.
- * Skis and snowshoes still required in the High Peaks Wilderness Area and needed elsewhere.
- * Meadow Lane has been blocked off for the winter, adding 3/4 mile to approach of Marcy Dam.
- * Lake ice on Colden and Avalanche Lake remains but is not likely safe, nor is any other lake's ice safe. .
- * Other popular tours including Hays Brook, Fish Pond, Newcomb Lake, and Moose Pond (at least 6" in Newcomb), still have cover, but will not likely last through the weekend and into the coming week. ______