- As expected, the warm weather this past week has melted much snow, but there is still snow on north-facing slopes from 2,000 feet and pretty much everywhere above 3,000 ft. Continued warm through the weekend and into next week with significant rain expected on Monday. Ski it while you can.
- JACKRABBIT TRAIL CONDITIONS:
- Base Depth - 0-8" Surface Conditions -Spring
- Remarks - Section above Whiteface Inn Road to the top of the pass still has good cover, but is now the only section that can be recommended.
- BACKCOUNTRY CONDITIONS:
Snow Depth at Lake Colden: 28"
Snow Depth at 4,000 feet: 4-5'
Surface Conditions: Spring
- Marcy and Wright Peak still have good cover, although hiking trail part of Wright Peak Ski Trail won't be good skiing Approach to Marcy Dam from ADK Loj is still mostly skiable. Truck trail is longer but definitely better skiing, although there will be some lengthy bare spots. Over a foot at Marcy Dam and beyond with good cover all the way through Avalanche Pass.
- Ice on Avalanche Lake questionable, and water on the surface will make the trail the better choice. No other lake use is safe. Opalescent no longer crossable in Flowed Lands.
- Whiteface Highway remains skiable from the Toll House. Upper part finally has cover.
- Keene Valley/Garden Parking to JBL No longer skiable. Still good cover for skiing beyond JBL.
- Lake Road to Lower Ausable Lake packed by snowmobiles and skiable.
- Km Open - ??