- Base Depth - 0-10 inches
Km Open - 30
- Remarks - Old Mountain Road section getting thin, but Whiteface Inn Lane to the top of the pass still in good shape. No report on the hill down to McKenzie Pond, but probably not skiable all the way to the pond. Thin and with too many bare spots starting in from McKenzie Pond Rd.
- BACKCOUNTRY CONDITIONS:
Snow Depth at Lake Colden: 32"
Snow Depth at 4,000 feet: 4-4-1/2 feet
Surface Conditions: spring surfaces
Remarks: Little melting this week, so still good cover and definitely still winter once one is past Marcy Dam. The Marcy trail not really skiable for the 1.2 mi. above Marcy Dam. Hiking trail from ADK Loj now definitely not skiable, but truck trail remains skiable. Calamity Brook approach is skiable, and tracks lead to the one good crossing of the Opalescent River in Flowed Lands.
- * Skis and snowshoes still required in the High Peaks Wilderness Area and needed elsewhere.
- * Meadow Lane has been blocked off for the winter, adding 3/4 mile to approach of Marcy Dam.
- * Lake ice on Colden and Avalanche Lake remains solid, but no other lake should be assumed to be safe. .
- * Other popular tours including Hays Brook, Fish Pond, Newcomb Lake, and Moose Pond, still have cover that should last through the coming week. ______